Friday, January 6, 2012

So What Do You Think?





So what do you think?  I recently purchased Topaz Adjust 5 and it is giving me so much insight on some great features, which are helping me with alot of photos I was having difficulty with, but what I was most interested in was HDR.  I know I still have a ton to learn and there are other software that are better suited for HDR processing, but I wanted to try it to see if I liked it first.  I did post this photo earlier this year "In a Daze" take a look to see the difference.
I would appreciate your comments and or suggestions.
Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Liking or disliking images is so much an individual thing and the main thing is to be true to your vision - if it fits, that's good. However, you did ask for input, so I'll play along. My tastes for HDR have evolved over time so what I like now may not be what I did in the past, but oversharp images and halos are things I'm not crazy about. The trees on the right are just a bit sharp for me and the haloing around the clouds are a bit distracting. Otherwise, I like it very much - the reflection is quite nice! Excellent step in the HDR direction though! Press on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with JimmyD...this is a great start into HDR effects. Topaz is one of the few plugins I use in PS...I'm wondering how much tinkering you did in the settings? You may be able to adjust some of the contrast controls to reduce the halo effects, or run the filter on a duplicate layer in PS and change the opacity and blending modes to soften it just a bit. Keep at it...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the input Jim and IndyShooter, I did play around with it a bit and I do see I need to adjust the contrast and soften a bit, I'll keep practicing.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to keep in mind that what we see is just an image also. I try to use photo image processing to improve images taken under challenging lighting or other conditions. I prefer the image to be close to what comes out of the camera. However, I agree that each viewer has their own preference, probably based on how their eyes and mind create images (my eyes perform not as well these days lol). The technology available now in cameras and processing software gives a photographer the capability to easily create images that appeal to different audiences.

    ReplyDelete