Sunday, January 9, 2011

This Week......

This photograph was taken at Rocky Neck State Beach in Niantic, Connecticut using an old Agfa 35mm camera.
Well this past week I have managed to accomplish getting some local taxes done and getting the federal taxes ready for the accountant.  I have sent out 2 show applications-1 in Mystic, Connecticut and the other in Niantic, Connecticut.  Both are new shows for me this year and I am very excited to do them and to visit my old neighborhood.  I have also printed several photos in preparation for reteaching myself to hand color using pan pastels.  It will be a challenge, but I am up for it.  I hope by Christmas I will have some hand colored photos on the website.
I have also decided to trade in my Canon S95 for a Canon 24mm lens instead.  Why, well I thought that with this camera being it's smaller I would carry it everywhere and I would be shooting more landscapes and such, but the reality is that what I need to do is to bring my camera with me and leave early enough to wherever I'm going so if I want to photograph I have the time to pull over.  I usually plan my photo shoots, but this year I will change that.  I will still have planned photo shoots, but I will bring my camera everywhere I go so I won't miss that great shot.  I will also be doing more cityscapes and abstracts.  I just have to get up the courage to go into the city alone.
I have added new photos and a slide show to my website check it out and let me know your thoughts.
I also would like to thank all the people I am following on Twitter.  I have been truly inspired by the photos that I have seen and have learned a get deal since I started tweeting a couple of months ago.  Thanks!  A special Thanks to all who are following me! 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your hand-colored images!
    I also bought a smaller camera with the intention to take it everywhere, but I wasn't happy with the quality. I think your plan to have your regular camera with you so you can shoot as much as possible and making sure you have a plenty of time are great goals for the new year. Love your shot of Rocky Neck Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dianne! I hope to get started probably Wednesday on my hand coloring, still waiting for some supplies.

    ReplyDelete