Friday, March 5, 2010

CRITTERS!

Camping thus far has been good except it is still cold. I am sleeping using 2 sleeping bags and still not quite warm enough. It is suppose to be in the 50's here in Florida, but I have yet to feel that mild evening air. In fact it has barely hit the 60's during the day and that is if the sun is shining and it isn't windy. I wonder if we are in Florida? Did we miss an exit?
Any way I had my first critter encounter! Unbelievable! It was the middle of the night and I was awaken by rustling in the leaves outside my tent. Then all of a sudden a large critter stands on my side of the tent right near my head! I thought I was a goner! It was horrifying! I couldn't believe my eyes! I was in a panic and screamed! Then soon realized it was a young raccoon and his buddies looking for some snacks. Lori and I laugh about it. So far that has been my only experience with camping critters. This is my last day camping and I will say it has been a good experience and I would do it again. I just need my air mattress, my pillows, 2 sleeping bags, heavy socks and a bathroom. A real bathroom. We will be heading home Sunday night after our visit to the Alligator Farm in St. Augustine.
I will post more later. Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment