Friday, September 30, 2011

Blue Morpho Butterfly



The Blue Morpho can be found in the tropical rainforests of Latin Amercia from Mexico to Columbia.
They are severely threatened due to deforestation of the tropcial rainforests.
I found this one at The Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory & Gardens in Deerfield, Mass.  It was so cool to wander around with all these butterflies fluttering around me.  I even had one land on my camera lens.  It was so peaceful and relaxing.  I got there on a weekday and when they first opened.  It took quite a while to capture this little beauty on film.  They were constantly moving around and I had to watch constantly where I was stepping as not to step on one that was on the walkway.  It was hard to keep up with them, but so much fun!
Have a Great Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful shot. Almost looks like someone spray painted its wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks-He was a tough one to get, but well worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete