Saturday, March 28, 2009

While waiting for the spring thaw

This is a photograph of my walking stick tree with some new signs of spring. The tree is only just under 4 feet tall, but it's getting there.
So as I wait for the ground to thaw before I can do any gardening, I thought I'd work on a project. Well the project is to make photo trays that I can use for my art shows to display and store my photos in when not doing shows. So there would be a top and bottom. I took the time to work out the dimensions, and I even made a cardboard version to see how it would look. Well this morning I started the project and keep in mind that I am not a carpenter, but I do know my way around a workshop somewhat. Everything was going smoothly for the most part until it was time to put the sides together. Now I asked the guy at the hardware store should I use screws or nails. He said screws, on the other hand Mom says nails. I went with screws and glued the seams. But the screws split the wood in several places despite pre drilling. Now if I had it my way I would buy the trays, but I can't find what I am looking for. And I don't know any local carpenters who could do the job. I need trays that are between 3-5 inches high and from 8-14 inches wide and about 22 inches in length. If anyone out there can tell me where I can find these sizes please let me know. I would love to keep my sanity! Though I am not one to give up easily. So I am back to the drawing board after I have gained some of my sanity back. I will persevere! I will make my trays and they will do exactly as I want! I hope. But if anyone know where I can buy them that would be great!!!
I will be making some changes to my website soon keep an eye out! www.cindiresslerphotography.com
Hey everybody have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment