Thursday, April 23, 2009

Imagination

The imagination can be a beautiful thing. I recently viewed a blog that reminded me about how abstract my past work was. The photos here are of construction materials which could make for a very interesting photograph. Though I look at these photos and I did take them with corporate/industrial theme in mind, but realistically when I think about it how many homes would have these kinds of photos? Then I thought anybody who enjoys the uniqueness of construction materials or I should say the imagination to see beyond construction and see a beautiful piece of art. So I will be pulling out the old abstracts to see just who would be interested in my art. While I was in photography school in Seattle I really enjoyed hanging around the pier and construction sites to photograph close up abstracts of whatever looked good. Black and white was and still is my favorite medium of photography though color has a big spot too. Especially when it comes to some of the nature work I do. Photography has really opened my eyes to the world around me. I see things now that I would have never saw before. I absolutely love photography! Take a minute and look around you and what do you see? I bet there is a photograph there somewhere.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting photographs with a steady eye toward the remarkable and eclectic part of the world around us that most of us overlook.

    ReplyDelete