Monday, January 18, 2010

Free Spirit


Good Morning all on this snowy Maine morning. Well I still have a ton of photography work to do, and I hope to have it all done by tonight. I have been scanning my black & white negatives as well as some color negatives. This photograph is one of the color and is one of my favorites. I try to live my life as a free spirit. Doing what I love and what I am very passionate about. I try to stay as stress free as possible, but as most of us know that can be difficult, especially when you are trying to run 2 of your own businesses, but I love what I do, and as with any job you love there will always be highs and lows. Right now I am on a little high. Trying to stay mildly optimistic about my 2 businesses. I am in a hurry up and wait time. I am so curious on how the businesses will do this year. But as they say patience is a virtue. And let me tell you my patience have been tried.
Anyway my photographer friend has been asked to do some photos for an art gallery in Florida featuring Florida wildlife. So she will be going to Florida soon. She had asked me if I wanted to go and split the costs, and at first I jumped at the chance, but after serious consideration with what little finances I have, my business might suffer from it. And this year really has to shine for me, As I need this year to really show some positive financial increases. So I had to tell her no. She was completely understanding, but still wants me to go. We'll see.
I sent in my application for one of the biggest fairs in Maine (the Fryeburg Fair) and with a referral from one of my friends who does the fair, I hope along with my photos I can get in. It would be huge!!!! I would have 9 days at this fair and would need enough product to last 9 days. I should hear something within the next month or so. It is a tough show to get into. Here's hoping. Off to work I go. Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment