Wednesday, March 7, 2012

She Sells Seashells by the Seashore........

Wow!  Where has the time gone?   Sorry I have been out of the loop, but I have been doing alot of thinking and editing and revamping of my whole structure.  What is working and what is not what needs to changed and how can I improve.  What stays and what goes........I still have alot of work ahead of me, but I finally think I am on the right track.  Social media was and is fun, but became very overwhelming to me....with all the different networks out there and trying to figure out which one(s) to choose was crazy.  I don't want to spend all my time on the computer....I am after all a photographer and I need to get out there and photograph and edit......so I have kept a few choice networks and photo sites that I hope will work out and at the end of the year I will re evaluate and decide what stays and what goes.......I do know that my WebsiteTwitter and Facebook will be constants, but 500px, Fine Art America and Etsy will be determined.


Chambered Nautilus (Nautilus pompilius)

This is a new series "Seashells".  I have been an avid seashell collector my whole life.  I only collect seashell that have no living creature inside the shell.  Seashell collecting is great fun if you preserve the life inside the shell and only collect the shell that is empty.   For years I have had all these shells and wanted to do something with them, but wasn't sure what.  It dawned on me to use my texturing techniques with the shells to give them more dimension.  I will be adding more to the series as time allows.  Believe me when I say I have lots of seashells to share.
I'm back and I will be posting often........keep in touch and share your thoughts.
Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. Really like this shot Cindi. I know what you mean about spending to much time at the computer :)

    ReplyDelete