Friday, March 16, 2012

West Quoddy Lighthouse


West Quoddy Lighthouse
Lubec, Maine



So here it is.....I photograph this scene last October and though it wasn't raining the clouds refused to leave or even part some....the color version wasn't working for me so I decided to go black and white.  I used Nik Silver Efex and with some tweaking I like what I was seeing.  The clouds were looking good and in general the scene popped, but I wasn't completely satified.  In Silver Efex I tried toning, but still wasn't quite what I wanted.  So I tried Topaz Adjust and used the brown tone which is the photograph below.  I know which one I like, but which do you like.  Your input and any comments are truly appreciated.



Have a great weekend...Happy St. Patrick's Day!


2 comments:

  1. It's difficult, on the internet. Black and white doesn't always come out right on screen. (Maybe hardly ever!)I'm torn - but I think I would like the second one the best if the tone were a bit lighter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Cindi, good job! Nice and dramatic.

    ReplyDelete