Sunday, June 10, 2012

Ben 2000-2012


This past week has been tough for me.  I have had to say goodbye to one of the best canine companions a person could have.  Ben had been diagnosed with a brain tumor back in March of this year.  He had lived longer than the Vets had anticipated.  The past month or so we noticed he was getting gradually worse and we (Mom and I) were giving him all the TLC we could to keep him happy.  He fought a long battle and didn't give in until the last few days he was with us.   To watch him slowly fade was heart wrenching to say the least! 
He was a very happy dog and protective.  He was a Gentle Ben, because he was just that gentle, could never hurt a thing.  Very obedient.  I never had to train him.  He was always willing to do anything for me or Mom.  There will never be another like him.  I will always remember him.
This dog is a true "Free Spirit".


Thank you for letting me go on about Ben.

1 comment:

  1. Cindi, sorry to hear about your sweet Ben. My best friend is battling this same illness with her Sheltie right now.

    Your photography is beautiful.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete