Sunday, February 8, 2009

My Bubba

This is Pumpkin aka "Bubba". This cat was the best cat ever! He had the best and loudest purr you have ever heard. Bubba was an orange tiger with beautiful yellow green eyes and a white tipped tail that had alot to say. After my last entry I realized that Bubba was the reason I quit my job and went for my career as a photographer. Bubba passed away in July 2006 and it hit me real hard. We had a great bond despite our early beginnings. He was 16 years old and lived a good life and long one, but when he died I began thinking how everything can change so quickly. I wasn't happy with my job and I wanted out, but I was intimidated by starting my own business without any business skills. So with Bubba's passing I decided you only live once. So I took the challenge. Thank you Bubba. I miss you terribly. Who would think a cat could change your life. That night I did alot of remembering of my past. Some good and some not so good. Life now is good. My life is simple and I like it that way. No need to make it any more complicated than it already is. That includes taxes which after alot of reading I'm still not getting it. I need laymen terms. So I go in search of tax help. I'll get it...evidently. I have learned about myself that if I want something bad enough I will get it! I am determined to get my taxes right!
Have a nice day!

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.
-John Quincy Adams

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Your words strike a cord in me. I am unfulfilled by my career, but I feel trapped by it too. Photography is a very new "hobby" of mine, but it's one of the few things in my life that is all mine and it makes me happy. There is nothing better than the high I get when I know I got "the Shot." I would love to be able to make a living of my photos, but I have no idea how. Plus I am not so sure my stuff is up to par for selling. Your words have inspiration in them though. I will get to where I am going eventually.

    ReplyDelete