Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tuesdays for the Birds!








Here are the photos the Evening Grosbeak, Rose breasted Grosbeak and the Cowbirds I had talked about in my last Tuesday post, who I haven't seen since my last post.  The Cowbirds on the other hand have been here everyday.  I do want to mention that the photo below are the male Cowbirds, the females are a dark taupe color. 
There have been no signs of the Eastern Bluebird or the Eastern Phoebe, although I do hear the Eastern Phoebe close by, but I don't think she will be nesting with us this year.





 
The past week when we did get some sunshine (which lately have been few and far between) I saw that the Tree Swallows were back and taking a serious look at the birdhouses.  At first I wasn't quite sure if they were ready to buy, but after a day or two they finally made that huge decision to buy the house.  Closing was a few days ago and they have been moving in the furniture (nesting materials) in preparation of the new family.  I really hope they like the new neighborhood.  They will make a great addition! 
I wonder if the Sparrow fledglings and the Tree Swallow fledglings will play in the garden?  Kidding.....  I am thrilled that they moved in, I honestly didn't expect any new tenants until next year.  At this point I am slowly moving about my garden so they can start getting used to me being around.  I am looking forward to some great photo opportunities with the Tree Swallow.





I have had some new visitors to the feeder this week.....one of them is a Ruby Throated Hummingbird which I am trying to photograph.  Hopefully I will have photos next Tuesday. 





Stay tuned for more photos,new visitors and Tree Swallow updates.......

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I've ever taken a decent photo of a bird. (Mostly I don't even know what they are!)

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete